SpirituWell is a virtual spiritual care provider.
We provide spiritual care services such as spiritual counseling, grief and bereavement counseling, and spiritual assessments to patients, family members, and healthcare team members across the continuum of care.
We partner with provider organizations to augment and expand the reach of their chaplain teams so that they can expand access to their spiritual care department and provide more culturally-appropriate care.
We are building a network of highly qualified, experienced, and diverse chaplains representing various religious denominations and faiths who will provide their care nationally on our virtual spiritual care platform.
To expand access to spiritual care for the healing, comfort, reduction of suffering, and wellness of patients, family members, and healthcare professionals, where and when they need it most.
- SpirituWell provides virtual spiritual care services including spiritual counseling, grief and bereavement counseling, spiritual assessment, and related services to patients, family members, and healthcare team members.
We serve provider organizations across the care continuum, such as:
- Health Systems
- Palliative Care
- Rural Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals
- Home Healthcare
- Chronic Condition Specialists (e.g. Oncology, Nephrology)
- Long Term Care and Senior Living
- Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
- Investiture: Must be formally licensed or otherwise officially authorized as a chaplain/ministry leader by a bona fide religious organization or congregation.
- Spirituality: Must be widely known as a leader of genuine, personal, spiritual character with a heart for chaplaincy and sacrificial service to others. Must evidence suitable social skills, including the ability to establish immediate rapport, confidence, and compassion when interacting with members of the community.
- Chaplaincy Experience: Should be a Board Certified Chaplain with a minimum of three years of ministerial/pastoral/spiritual leadership experience with proficiency in ministering to persons in a hospital, hospice, prison, senior living, or long-term care facility. If not a Board Certified Chaplain, must have a minimum of 1 CPE unit and minimum of 6 years experience working in a hospital, hospice, prison, senior living, or long-term care facility.
- Commitment: Chaplains will select from available shifts to be on-call for 8-hour shifts.
- Background Check: Must be willing to undergo a detailed background check conducted by a third-party and reference checks conducted by SpirituWell.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Spiritual & People Officer
Chief Development Officer, BioIntelliSense Inc.
Telehealth Leader & Fmr. Chief Administrative Officer of Mercy Virtual
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, people experiencing illness or nearing the end of their life were confronted with sudden isolation. People were walled off from their friends and family.
People died alone in their hospital beds or even in their homes. Family members were barred from visiting their loved ones, from offering emotional support, or experiencing a loved one’s last moments of life. Healthcare provider burnout rose as never ending shifts and compassion fatigue consumed those working on the front lines.
Patients, family members, and healthcare team members alike were deprived of one another and of the emotional support that can be provided by their faith and spirituality, sources of strength and comfort during times of crisis and suffering.
As the pandemic receded, it became apparent that systemic gaps in access to spiritual care pre-date the pandemic and will continue to grow if left unaddressed. In many places a significant portion of the population does not have sufficient access to spiritual services or to clergy of their religious tradition. SpirituWell was born out of the desire to bridge this gap. By offering virtual chaplaincy services 24/7, we ensure that anyone, regardless of their location, situation, or religious affiliation, can connect with a chaplain when they need to most.
To build our virtual spiritual care services we were joined by a council of clergy representing decades of experience and a diversity of faith traditions. These spiritual leaders advised on the establishment of SpirituWell’s virtual chaplain certification course and represent 13 religious denominations, including:
- Native American
- Southern Baptist
- United Methodist
- New Age
Fill out the following form to get in touch with a SpirituWell representative.